Saturday, December 15, 2007

Stupid Snow

The weather has sure reeked havoc with my weekend plans. I was supposed to take my 4 boys out of town to visit a friend and due to the snow we are stuck in Spearman. Everyone is disappointed, but we are making the best of the weekend. Nate looked outside this morning and said "stupid snow" (he is 4) I asked him why he said that and he said, "Its cause of the stupid snow we can't go to Nebas" They were so looking forward to the trip. I should have known better than to get their hopes up when the weather was such a big factor in the trip. Daddy is out of town till Wednesday so with him gone and me trying to make them feel better the little ones have had lots of Mommy time last night and today. We have watched movies and ate popcorn and played games. Patrick said I don't make popcorn like Daddy, mine had black spots and his doesn't. Yes I burned the popcorn, twice. Microwave popcorn is not my friend. The microwave popcorn button is supposed to know how long to pop it and the bag instructions were too long as well. Tonight we have the Hospital Christmas party. That is always interesting, I almost got out of it this year. I have to kind of agree with Nate on the stupid snow, can't tell him that though because we are not supposed to say stupid...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny the words you used before kids came along that just sounded HORRIBLE when they came out of a child's mouth (like stupid - a no-no word in our house too).

You have to listen for your popcorn to slow its popping. When there are a couple seconds between pops you need to take it out to avoid the burn!! The kind of popcorn we get most goes perfectly with our microwave's popcorn button, but if I change brands or types, I have to keep close watch! :)

Evan Williams said...

no im doing fine iv'e just been busy...ive been hanging out w/ kacey alot lately...i havent asked her out but im working on it....and i spent alot of time this weekend thinking about whether or not i want a part in one-act or not....me and the drama teacher don't really get along so she gave me an ultimatum. stop being a jerk if you want the part....so if you get this before 1:20 let me know if you think i should take the Ultimatum. or not

Evan Williams said...

yeah she told me in class friday that i reminded her of why she doesn't like me...i think she's still thinking im the same way i was in 8th grade......she moved away for a while and now she's back at High School and i wish Mrs. Preston hadnt retired.

Neva said...

I was also thinking "Stupid Snow" and since we have no children at our house, we still say
stupid snow
stupid snow
stupid snow
stupid snow
stupid snow
stupid snow
Sorry you couldn't come but the snow really was beautiful--Glad you were safe and got to spend some quality time with the boys. I will send you my recipe for microwave popcorn! :)
n

Monalea said...

Hey friend, I've missed reading your blog. I hope that I'm back on a regular basis. I live in the desert and snow is a rarity.

Monalea