Thursday, February 14, 2008

Has it really been 2 weeks?

I can't believe that it has been 2 weeks since the last post. We have been so busy at hospice. There is one nurse out with the flu and one that had a death in the family. On Tuesday we had 2 deaths and an admit in the same day and this week alone we had 4 admits. That is a bunch for us. In a small town everyone knows each other and all of the ones that have been admited are people that we know. We have 2 funerals tomorrow and one on Sat. Well enough about work!!! Our puppy is doing great, she got her 2nd set of shots on Tuesday. When I come home from work and it has been a long day it is great to just play with her and you can't help but smile. She has been great for this family. Everyone (including Glenn) loves her. The kids have been sick, Patrick and Nate had the influenza virus (flu) and Patrick missed 5 days of school. Jeremy has something, but he tested neg for influenza. The flu is everywhere!!! Today is Valentines Day and also my moms birthday. Happy Birthday Mom. I recieved a great gift for Valentines Day (A 20oz bottle of Coca-Cola) they are red and white you know. It is the thought that counts and at the time it was the best gift in the world!!! Thank you Hunny. I hope that everyone had a great Valentines Day. I am going to get these kids fed and down for the night and go to bed early. That is the plan anyway, we will see....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking and checking ... :o)

Hope everyone gets better soon. I know it can be so hard on a family when the sickies are going through.

My V-Day gifts were small, but really thoughtful too. I'm glad my husband is finally getting the hang of gift-giving! (o;

Hope you're able to post more often, I enjoy reading what's going on in your life. Blessings to you and your family. I pray you are able to see God's work active in your life.

Mommysmart said...

Hey Stacie,

I saw your comment asking for the rules of the tag. Somehow they got lost in the pass off. I was told to just list 5 of your funny quirks or habbits. They are supposed to be random and unimportant.

We have been having "ill family members" at our house, too. I pray that your family is all better.

Have fun with the tag and I look forward to reading all about you.

Monalea said...

Stacie,

I sure enjoyed your update on your life. I also admire all the things you do for Hospice. It took me about 47 years to learn to love the gifts that people give. I'm a slow learner.

Love ya,

Monalea

Anonymous said...

Hi, Stacie.

Sorry your kids have been sick!!! Hopefully, by now they have gotten much better.

I enjoy reading your blog!

Kathy said...

Stacie dear,
How are things coming along? I check in here every so often to see if you've been able to return to the blog or not. With sick kids, I can just imagine how hectic your life must be. I pray they are all doing well now and you can again join in the blogsphere. You are missed!